About Tom Hanks
Tom Hanks is an American actor and filmmaker who has had an impressive career in both the film industry and on Broadway. He is best known for his roles in such classic films as Forrest Gump, Apollo 13, Saving Private Ryan, Cast Away, The Da Vinci Code, and Captain Phillips. Hanks has won two Academy Awards, four Golden Globes, and two Screen Actors Guild Awards. He also has an impressive list of nominations and awards from other prestigious organizations. He was inducted into the American Film Institute’s Hall of Fame in 2002. Outside of acting, Hanks is also a humanitarian and an advocate for various causes. He is the founder of the production company Playtone and an executive producer of various television shows and films. He is considered one of the most influential people in the world and is an inspiring example of how to use fame to do good in t
30 Interesting Things Most People Don’t Know About Tom Hanks
– He is a two-time Academy Award winner, winning Best Actor in 1994 for his role in Forrest Gump and Best Picture in 1998 for producing Saving Private Ryan.
– He has been nominated for a total of eight Academy Awards throughout his career.
– He was the voice of Woody in the popular Toy Story franchise.
– He was the first actor to ever be paid $20 million for a single film role when he was cast in the 1998 movie Saving Private Ryan.
– He was the executive producer of the HBO miniseries Band of Brothers which won a Golden Globe Award for Best Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television.
– He was the first actor to appear in movies from each of the major film studios, including MGM, Paramount, Warner Bros., and Universal.
– He is a member of the American Film Institute’s Hall of Fame and was inducted in 2017.
– He has directed and starred in several films, including That Thing You Do! (1996) and Larry Crowne (2011).
– He is a published author, having written a collection of short stories entitled Uncommon Type: Some Stories.
– He is a philanthropist and is actively involved with several charitable organizations, including The Red Cross, Stand Up to Cancer, and the USO.
– He is an avid collector of vintage typewriters, having acquired over 100 different models.