About Claire Foy
Claire Foy is an English actress best known for her role as Queen Elizabeth II in the Netflix historical drama series The Crown. She began her career in 2008, appearing in the television series Being Human and Little Dorrit. She then went on to portray Anne Boleyn in the BBC production of Wolf Hall, and also starred as Lady Persephone in the 2009 British romantic comedy film Season of the Witch. In 2016, she starred in the critically acclaimed historical drama film, The Girl in the Spider’s Web. Foy has received numerous awards for her performances, including a Primetime Emmy Award, a Golden Globe Award, and a Screen Actors Guild Award.
30 Interesting Things Most People Don’t Know About Claire Foy
• She was born in Stockport, England and raised in Manchester.
• She graduated from the Oxford School of Drama in 2008.
• She made her feature film debut with the 2011 film “Season of the Witch”.
• She starred in the 2014 film “Unsane”, directed by Steven Soderbergh.
• She made her TV debut on the BBC series “Upstairs Downstairs” in 2010.
• She auditioned for the role of Lady Mary Crawley in “Downton Abbey” but the part went to Michelle Dockery.
• She won a Golden Globe for her performance in the Netflix series “The Crown” in 2017.
• She is the first female actor to play Lisbeth Salander in “The Girl in the Spider’s Web”.
• She was nominated for a BAFTA for her role in “The Girl in the Spider’s Web”.
• She was cast as the lead in the 2020 film “The Girl Who Believes in Miracles”.
• She is the youngest ever recipient of the BAFTA Britannia Award for British Artist of the Year.
• She appeared in the series “Crossbones” alongside John Malkovich in 2014.
• She starred in the BBC drama “Little Dorrit” in 2008.
• She was cast as Anne Boleyn in the BBC drama “Wolf Hall” in 2015.
• She starred alongside Ryan Gosling in the 2016 film “First Man”.
• She made her Broadway debut in the play “Breathing Corpses” in 2006.
• She is a patron of the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children.
• She is the youngest actress to have won a BAFTA for her performance in “The Crown”.
• She is a trained singer and has appeared in several musicals.
• She has a degree in drama and English literature from the Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts.
• She is a vegan and a supporter of animal rights.
• She was featured in the 2012 music video for the song “The Mother We Share” by CHVRCHES.
• She is a passionate supporter of Children in Need.
• She is the face of the brand Burberry.