About Annette Bening
Annette Bening is an Academy Award-nominated American actress and the wife of actor Warren Beatty. She has had a successful career in films, television and theater. She has starred in films such as The Grifters, American Beauty, Being Julia and 20th Century Women. She received her first Oscar nomination for her performance in The Grifters and her second for her role in American Beauty. Bening has also been nominated for four Golden Globe Awards, winning one for her performance in Being Julia. She has been nominated for three Primetime Emmy Awards, winning one for her performance in the miniseries Mrs. Harris. Bening has been honored with numerous awards throughout her career, including a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
30 Interesting Things Most People Don’t Know About Annette Bening
• Annette Bening was born in Topeka, Kansas.
• She attended San Francisco State University and received her Master’s degree in Fine Arts from the American Conservatory Theater.
• She has been nominated for four Academy Awards and won the Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical for her performance in Being Julia in 2004.
• She was married to actor Warren Beatty for almost 20 years and they have four children together.
• Annette Bening has appeared in over 40 films including American Beauty, The American President, What Women Want, and The Kids Are All Right.
• She has also been a voice actress in the animated films The Iron Giant and The Lion King II.
• She was appointed to the Board of Trustees of The American Film Institute in 2004 and served until 2011.
• Annette Bening is an advocate for the National Women’s History Museum, a non-profit cultural institution.
• She has been a vocal supporter of the LGBTQ+ community, speaking out for the rights of transgender people and same-sex marriage.
• In 2012, she received the Humanitarian Award from the San Diego International Film Festival for her work with the nonprofit organization, FilmAid International.